2016 ARR Craib MSA Scottish Rally Championship Calendar confirmed
The organising team of the ARR Craib MSA Scottish Rally Championship are delighted to announce that the Aberdeen based Haulage firm have confirmed that 2016 will be their fourth season as title sponsors to the highest profile motorsport series in Scotland.
In confirming the continuation of their support, Eddie Anderson of ARR Craib was quick to praise those involved in the sport;
“We are delighted to continue as title sponsors of the Scottish Rally Championship for 2016, and we look forward to working with Championship and Event Organisers, Officials and Competitors throughout the coming year.
We have a superb group of people involved in Rallying in Scotland, from competitors to spectators, and the shear effort that the organisers put into making events happen deserves to be recognised.
It’s a pleasure for us to be involved, and gives us great exposure throughout Scotland and beyond.”
Dave Robson, Chairman of the ARR Craib MSA Scottish Rally Championship commented;
“Whilst there is no doubt that 2015 was a difficult season, we are working hard to provide the best Championship possible in 2016, and we take a great deal of confidence in the continued support from ARR Craib.
The changes to the calendar will give the championship a fresh feel, and we continue to work towards putting incentives in place to help attract both existing & new competitors throughout the field.
We feel that these changes will help to ensure that the Scottish Rally Championship remains the place to be in 2016, and we look forward to another great season starting with February’s Snowman Rally in Inverness.”
The programme of events for 2016 has numerous changes;
• Calendar features 7 rounds from February to September
• Jurys Inn join Arnold Clark as title sponsors for the Snowman Rally
• Brick & Steel Construction return as title sponsors of the Border Counties Rally
• McDonald & Munro Speyside Stages moves from August to April
• A new name for the Aberdeen based event in the championship – the Coltel Communications Grampian Stages Rally, which becomes round 6 of the Championship headed by the same team who were awarded the Chairmans Cup for the best event of the 2015 Series at last weekend’s Championship Awards Ceremony.
• Armstrong Galloway Hills joins the Championship as the final round, moving to September.
Date Event Location
20th Feb 2016 Jurys Inn Arnold Clark Snowman Rally (Gravel) Inverness, Highlands
19th Mar 2016 Brick and Steel Border Counties Rally (Gravel) Jedburgh, Scottish Borders
23rd Apr 2016 McDonald & Munro Speyside Stages (Gravel) Elgin, Moray
5th Jun 2016 Jim Clark Reivers Rally (Gravel) Kelso, Scottish Borders
25th Jun 2016 RSAC Scottish Rally (Gravel) Dumfries, Dumfries & Galloway
13th Aug 2016 Coltel Communications Grampian Stages Rally (Gravel) Aberdeen, Grampian
10th Sep 2016 Armstrong Galloway Hills Rally (Gravel) Castle Douglas, Dumfries & Galloway
Format & Structure
All events are 45 mile, predominantly gravel based rallies run on Saturdays with the exception of the Jim Clark Reivers event held of Sunday 5th June, and Scrutineering & Documentation will be available on the day of each event.
The RSAC Scottish Rally will be a major part of a rally weekend alongside the British Rally Championship.
Following successful changes made to the class structure for the 2015 season the Championship will continue to offer categories for all types of competition car, from almost standard 1000cc 2 wheel drive to full specification World Rally Car machinery.
To help develop & maintain good competition throughout the field, plans are in place to introduce a number of initiatives;
• Re-introduction of the famous Challengers Championship, open to competitors who haven’t finished in the top 10 on an SRC counting round in the last 10 years
• An SRC Subaru Cup, for controlled specification clubman 4wd cars. The championship organising team hope to confirm the specification for this series following their meeting on 12th December.
• An SRC 205 Cup, providing a home for the cars which have previously provided close competition in the Ecosse Challenge
• Rebranding the Clubman 2WD Championship to the Scottish 2WD Rally Championship
• A Northern Challenge, catering for the high number of Clubmen in the North of Scotland
The SRC management team are working on incentives for all of these schemes and look forward to providing a championship which appeals to competitors throughout Scotland & beyond.
Keep an eye on the Championship website (soon to be updated) – www.scottishrallychampionship.co.uk – for further details of the 2016 series which will be released as they are confirmed. Regulations & registration forms should be available from the Championship website by the end of December.
Our Title Sponsor
ARR Craib Transport Ltd provides transport and logistics services within the local, radial, UK and international transport markets. The company operates more than 300 vehicles and 500 trailers controlled from bases and distribution hubs in Aberdeen, Cumbernauld, Stockton and Great Yarmouth. It employs around 450 people.
Services also include rail freight and rail terminal management, warehousing, material handling, facilities management and manpower provision.
ARR Craib Transport Ltd – sponsors of the 2018 MSA Scottish Rally championship – is one of the UK's leading providers of transport and logistics services. Headquartered in Aberdeen, the firm has bases at Cumbernauld in Central Scotland and Eaglescliffe in the North of England. The company operates a fleet of more than 250 vehicles and 500 trailers, and provides transport and logistics services within local, radial, UK and international markets. For further information go to www.arr-craib.co.uk